Pay-per-click (PPC) search engine advertising involves placing text ads in search engines that display when certain keywords or keyword phrases are searched for. The advertiser agrees to pay a certain amount for every click that occurs on their ad. As with organic search results, which are determined by the search engine algorithms (see our Search Engine Optimization section), positions higher up on the page result in more clicks and thus are more valuable. Therefore, advertisers typically have to pay more per-click to get their text ad higher on the page for a particular keyword search. With the Pay-per-click model, advertisers place a bid for how much they are willing to Pay-per-click on their ad for a certain keyword search. It is a dynamic bidding marketplace where you are constantly competing with other advertisers for position on the page.
It's important to differentiate between the organic or natural search results that are listed for a search engine query versus the paid results that are listed. The natural search results are typically in the center of the search engine results page, and the paid or sponsored ads are usually the first couple of listings at the top, and the listings in a column on the right side of the page.
Implement A Pay-per-click Search Advertising
Pay-per-click campaigns can be up and running very quickly (really in a matter of minutes), but before you start spending money it makes sense to spend some time planning your campaign and setting objectives. Otherwise, you'll be flying blind and you won't be able to measure whether your campaign is worth continuing or not.
What TMC Web Designs Provides
Bring our expertise to bear on your search engine advertising campaign:
- Keyword Selection - Expand your advertising vocabulary with expert keyword research. We can help you find valuable terms that people use and that are less competitive (lower cost).
- Keyword Matching Options - There are many ways to specify your search advertising terms, from broad match to exact match, that expand your ad exposure and can be used to reduce average cost-per-click.
- Bid Management - We manage keyword bids to reach a balance between optimum keyword ad placement and cost-per-click. We will also balance your cost among various terms, ads, and campaigns.
- Ad Creation - The right ad language can make all the difference. We will make the most of the limited space that search engine ads provide, obtaining high click-through rates with good lead pre-qualification.
- Tracking - Search engine advertising's effectiveness can be measured very effectively, from clicks generated to campaign return on ad sales. We will help you see the ROI of your search advertising investment.